We all know that lighter is better, but when the shot needs a bigger lens (or extra lens motors, matte box, etc) than you can balance on the MōVI Pro with standard hardware, you need to add counterweight to the back of the payload. With the Junk in the Trunk, you can easily add and subtract weights on the fly, increasing lens and accessory options for the MōVI Pro.
The plate is two pieces, for maximum flexibility. The camera plate can be used solo or the T-bar can be added, with or without additional weights.
- The camera plate has hole patterns to accommodate most commonly used cameras with Freefly ⅜ and ¼ 20 countersunk hardware (RED, Canon Cinema, Black Magic, etc).
- The T-bar has several ¼ 20 mounting points so you can add weight where you need it.
- The Junk in the Trunk camera plate is longer than the standard MōVI Pro plate for added versatility: 8 ½” vs 5 ⅛”
- The added height, compared to the standard MōVI Pro plate, means added clearance for lens motors attached to the Rod Mount Adapter (in the “up” position with tall camera bodies like RED).
Our weights use standard ¼ 20 threads, on top and bottom. With many mounting points on the plate and T-bar, you can configure the included weights (or extras) in endless combinations.
- Add the T-bar (which weighs 634g) to the plate solo or with a combination of Large (285g) and Small (125g) weights to perfectly balance your kit.
- Each Large and Small Weight can be used by itself (attached to either the plate or the T-bar) or they can be stacked together.
- They can also be mounted to any ¼ 20 on your camera (on the top of a RED for example)!
- Camera Plate: Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum
- T-Bar: Stainless Steel 304
- Weights (large and small): Stainless Steel 316
- 1x camera plate
- 1x T-bar
- 2x Small weights (125g)
- 2x Large weights (285g)
- 4x ¼-20 x 1/2" Fasteners